วันเสาร์ที่ 13 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2551

MY Melody




My Melody looks like a rabbit and always wears a red or pink hood. It is especially popular in Asia and can be found on children's toys and merchandise. My Melody was released in 1975 and the first related merchandise was released at the end of that year. At first she was mostly marketed toward young girls, but like Hello Kitty her popularity has increased within all age groups, especially in Asia.

When first released she was the Little Red Riding Hood character in a version of the story featuring all animal characters. The name My Melody first appeared in 1976 and soon the connection to Little Red Riding Hood all but disappeared, with the exception of a series of Little Red Riding Hood-era goods which were re-released in 2000. After 1976, her animal friends, like Flat, Piano, Rhythm and others, started appearing. The initial My Melody goods featured a red hood but as of 1977 merchandise featuring a pink hood was released, which would be the norm for My Melody goods for several years to come.

My Melody's popularity waned toward the late 80s, and the only goods produced were candy. In 1996, during Ichigo Shinbun’s reader survey, My Melody came out amongst the most popular characters and as a result standard merchandise started re-appearing as of February, 1997 featuring the original red hood. Goods with the pink hood were re-released in 1999 and as of 2000 there were goods released with multiple color hoods.

My Melody has been turned into a Pullip doll, like Hello Kitty and Cinnamoroll. The doll includes a Flat toy.

On April 3, 2005, an anime series produced by TV Osaka started to air on TXN television stations, see Onegai My Melody (おねがいマイメロディ). This anime also recently spawned a video game for the Nintendo DS titled Onegai My Melody: Yume no Kuni no Daibouken (おねがいマイメロディ~夢の国の大冒険~). The game relies heavily on a feature of the DS which requires the player to blow air into the microphone of the unit. You guide My Melody through timed levels by jumping and using her umbrella to float around and avoid enemies. The game also has unlockable content, such as music, pictures, and mini games.

My Melody also appears in the The Advanture of Hello Kitty & Friends. She, however, is mouthless there, and her rival doesn't make an appearance.

A second game was also released for the Nintendo DS titled My Melody Angel Book ~Denshitechou & Enjoy Game~ (マイメロディエンジェルブック~電子手帳&エンジョイゲーム~). The games primary function is as a day planner designed for young girls to keep track of appointments, class schedules, and mini diary entries.

On March 26, 2008 a special Japanese music compilation album titled "I LOVE 30 - MY MELODY" from Tearbrdige Records was released with the red riding hood My Melody character in various artwork by groovisions. In Bardstown, Kentucky you can find My Melody in the local Wal- Mart.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: